Claud Butler Primal
Following the success of the Radical, Claud Butler saw a massive influx of interest at this price point for an adventure bike.
So they come up with the new Primal model which offers even better value for money.
Using the same frame as the Radical, a few components have been tweaked to shave off cost wherever possible, without piling on loads of weight, and the result is pretty impressive!
The Claud Butler Primal makes a great commuter bike, weekend adventure bike, long-distance tourer or just an occasional fun bike.
It's so versatile that it will cater to riders who would usually own two or three different bikes for different terrains, making it even better value!
- Frame: Aluminium / T6 6061 series heat-treated / Hydroformed / Multi-butted / Internal cable routing / Tapered headtube
- Fork: Aluminium / 6061 series heat-treated / Straight & tapered leg
- Headset: A-head
- Shifters: Shimano ST-A070 / Integrated / 2x7 speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tourney RD-A070
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Tourney FD-A070
- Freewheel: Shimano CS-HG30 cassette / 11-28T / 7 speed
- Chain: KMC Z-7
- Chainset: Prowheel double / 50-34T
- Chainguard: No
- Crank Arms: Prowheel alloy / 170mm
- Pedals: Alloy / Toe clips & straps
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed cartridge / 119mm axle
- Rims: Double-wall alloy / Deep section / 28H
- Front Hub: Alloy / Quick-release / 28H
- Rear Hub: Alloy / Quick-release / 28H
- Spokes: Steel 14G
- Tyres: Schwalbe CX Comp / K-Guard / 700 x 40c / black
- Front Brake: Tektro M280 / Mechanical disc / 160mm rotor
- Rear Brake: Tektro M280 / Mechanical disc / 160mm rotor
- Brake Levers: Shimano alloy
- Handlebar: CB alloy butted race bar / 400-440mm wide / 72mm reach / 120mm drop
- Grips: Velo cork tape
- Stem: Alloy A-head / 90-100mm extension
- Saddle: Claud Butler custom
- Seatpost: Micro-adjust alloy / 30.9mm x 300mm