Forme Cubley 18 blue
The all-new lightweight Cubley range has been pulled together following years of questioning, real-world testing and observing, to provide what Forme believes to be perfect, affordable, junior bikes.
Forme makes no compromises with its range and provides lighter bikes, ergonomically designed to match junior anatomy with proportionally fitted components. For this reason, young children will learn to ride faster and more confidently than they would on many conventional size junior bikes.
At its heart, the Forme Cubley 18 features a lightweight alloy frame, driven by a junior-specific crankset and freewheel. Rolling on lightweight 20-spoke wheels and Kenda Small Block Eight tyres, the Cubley 18 is finished off with a compact, lightweight, one-piece handlebar and stem and junior-specific saddle.
Weight matters - The Cubley 18 only weighs 7.56kg, making this one of the lightest bikes in the world for its price point and specification! Less weight helps smaller riders start easier, accelerate faster and handle the bike with more control.
Narrow handlebar and shorter stem - Narrow handlebars with an integrated stem reduce weight and improve stiffness and safety by eliminating any tightening of bolts. The handlebar width is based on the typical shoulder width of the rider and the stem length is shorter, helping to reduce reach.
Junior specific saddle - The Cubley saddle is sized for smaller riders with length and width optimized, ensuring the rider position is correct for both comfort and reach.
Wheels and tyres - The weight of wheel components are considered to keep them as light as possible, which helps to improve steering and acceleration. The wheels are equipped with great all-weather Kenda Small Block Eight tyres, ensuring maximum grip and stability for cornering.
Frame size and shape - Forme frames are made from narrow, lightweight aluminium tubing with a low step-over height. A compact frame ensures the rider can ride with the largest wheel possible for their size and this helps young cyclists to ride over much tougher terrain.
Pedals - Forme's pedals are carefully considered. If the platform is too long it is easy to fall into the habit of applying pressure with the heel instead of the ball of the foot, losing power and causing the foot to slip. Equally, if the pedal is too wide, the legs can become too wide apart, reducing efficiency.
- Frame: Aluminium alloy / T6 6061 series heat-treated
- Fork: Chromoly steel / Straight & tapered leg
- Headset: Alloy integrated 1 ⅛" A-head
- Freewheel: Single speed / 14T
- Chain: KMC
Chainset: Alloy 28T chainring / Narrow Q factor / 114mm alloy crank arms
- Chainguard: Double-sided
- Pedals: Forme resin junior platform with reflectors / 9/16" thread
- Bottom Bracket: 3 piece crank system / Square taper / Sealed cartridge
- Rims: Single-wall alloy / 20H
- Front Hub: Forme alloy / Nutted / 20H
- Rear Hub: Forme alloy / Nutted / 20H
- Spokes: Steel 14G
- Tyres: Kenda Small Block Eight / 18" x 1.50" / black
- Front Brake: Tektro alloy linear-pull V-type
- Rear Brake: Tektro alloy linear-pull V-type
- Brake Levers: Tektro alloy junior specific with reach adjust
- Handlebar/Stem: Forme alloy one-piece handlebar and A-head stem / Mid-rise
- Grips: Forme comfort rubber
- Saddle: Forme junior comfort
- Seatpost: Alloy micro-adjust / Quick-release / 27.2mm x 210mm