Forme Kinder MX26 blue
The all-new lightweight Kinder range has been pulled together following years of questioning, real-world testing and observing, to provide what Forme believes to be perfect, affordable, junior bikes.
Forme makes no compromises with its range and provides lighter bikes, ergonomically designed to match junior anatomy with proportionally fitted components. For this reason, children will learn to ride faster and more confidently than they would on many conventional size junior bikes.
At its heart, the Forme Kinder MX26 features a lightweight alloy frame, driven by Microshift 8-speed rapid-fire gears with SureShift technology and a junior-specific crankset and cassette. Rolling on lightweight 26-spoke wheels and Kenda Small Block Eight tyres, the Kinder MX26 is finished off with a compact, lightweight, size-specific handlebar and stem and junior-specific saddle.
Weight matters - The Kinder MX26 only weighs 9.40kg, making this one of the lightest bikes in the world for its price point and specification! Less weight helps smaller riders start easier, accelerate faster and handle the bike with more control.
Narrow handlebar and shorter stem - The handlebar width is based on the typical shoulder width of the rider and the stem length is shorter, helping to reduce reach.
Junior specific saddle - The Kinder saddle is sized for smaller riders with length and width optimized, ensuring the rider position is correct for both comfort and reach.
Wheels and tyres - The weight of wheel components are considered to keep them as light as possible, which helps to improve steering and acceleration. The wheels are equipped with great all-weather Kenda Small Block Eight tyres, ensuring maximum grip and stability for cornering.
Frame size and shape - Forme frames are made from narrow, lightweight aluminium tubing with a low step-over height. A compact frame ensures the rider can ride with the largest wheel possible for their size and this helps young cyclists to ride over much tougher terrain.
Pedals - Forme's pedals are carefully considered. If the platform is too long it is easy to fall into the habit of applying pressure with the heel instead of the ball of the foot, losing power and causing the foot to slip. Equally, if the pedal is too wide, the legs can become too wide apart, reducing efficiency.
- Frame: Aluminium alloy / T6 6061 series heat-treated
- Fork: Aluminium alloy / T6 6061 series heat-treated / Straight & tapered leg
- Headset: Alloy integrated 1 ⅛" A-head
- Shifter: Microshift TS71 / 1x8 speed / Colour-matching SureShift shifter extender
- Rear Derailleur: Microshift Mezzo RD-M26
- Freewheel: Microshift CS-H082 cassette / 11-34T / 8 speed
- Chain: KMC
- Chainset: Alloy 32T chainring / Narrow Q factor / 145mm alloy crank arms
- Chainguard: Double-sided
- Pedals: Forme resin junior platform with reflectors / 9/16" thread
- Bottom Bracket: 3 piece crank system / Square taper / Sealed cartridge
- Rims: Double-wall alloy / 26H
- Front Hub: Forme alloy / Quick-release / 26H
- Rear Hub: Forme alloy / Quick-release / 26H
- Spokes: Steel 14G
- Tyres: Kenda Small Block Eight / 26" x 1.50" / black
- Front Brake: Tektro alloy linear-pull V-type
- Rear Brake: Tektro alloy linear-pull V-type
- Brake Levers: Tektro alloy junior specific with reach adjust
- Handlebar: Forme alloy / 540mm wide / Lo-rise
- Grips: Forme comfort rubber
- Stem: Alloy A-head / 40mm extension / 4-bolt clamp
- Saddle: Forme junior comfort
- Seatpost: Alloy micro-adjust / Quick-release / 27.2mm x 265mm