Frog 53 pink
The Frog 53 20" wheel kids’ hybrid bike is the fourth bike in Frog's new and improved frame range that has been carefully designed to help maximise the lifetime of the bike for a growing child. It is the ideal multi-purpose bike for 5 to 7-year-olds with an average inside leg of 53cm.
The handlebars can be lowered or raised within a range of 40mm and adjusting the seat height is easy to do at home with the quick release system. This means a Frog bike will grow with your child making it a great investment.
The Frog 53 also offers a lower bottom bracket position to ensure a safer riding position with feet closer to the ground, whilst allowing for a greater leg-length range to be accommodated. An additional 10mm spacer is placed above the handlebar stem to give the option to raise the handlebars higher as your child grows.
Designed and built in Great Britain, Frog hybrid bikes are perfect for roads, pavements, towpaths and forest trails. The Frog 53 comes with mudguards as standard and has the option to attach a pannier rack to the frame, for ease of transporting school books and sports kits.
Frog bikes inspire children to ride. From their lightweight child-specific aluminium frame that is easy to handle and manoeuvre, to the brakes that are specifically designed for small hands to grab, all this results in a confident bike rider who will jump at every opportunity to get out on their bike exploring!
FrogFitTechnology® youth-specific 8-speed gear shifter with short lever travel and ultraslick cabling make changing gear and undulating rides a breeze. In addition, patented Frog cranks maintain a low Q-Factor (the distance between the pedals) for easier pedalling. A reduced distance between the pedals allows for maximum leverage on the pedals increasing efficiency.
Frog is so proud and confident of the quality of their bikes that they offer a free 5-year warranty on the frame and forks.
- Frame: Aluminium alloy / T6 6061 series heat-treated
- Fork: Aluminium alloy / T6 6061 series heat-treated / Curved & tapered leg
- Headset: Neco 1 ⅛" semi-integrated threadless alloy A-head / Frog Bikes top cap
- Shifter: FrogFitTechnology®️ youth-specific trigger shift / 1x8 speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus RD-M310
- Freewheel: Shimano cassette / 11-32T / 8 speed
- Chain: KMC
- Chainset: Frog Bikes patented / 32T chainring / 114mm alloy crank arms
- Chainguard: Double-sided
- Pedals: Frog Bikes eco-friendly rice husk & plastic composite
- Bottom Bracket: Thun Shorty-ML-SL / Square taper / Sealed cartridge
- Rims: Double-wall alloy / CNC braking surfaces / 20H
- Front Hub: Quando alloy / Quick-release / 20H
- Rear Hub: Quando alloy / Quick-release / Shimano freehub body / 20H
- Spokes: Steel 14G
- Tyres: Kenda K1047 hybrid / 20" x 1.50" / black
- Front Brake: Tektro 836AL / Alloy linear pull V-type
- Rear Brake: Tektro 836AL / Alloy linear pull V-type
- Brake Levers: Tektro JL510 alloy / Junior specific with reach adjust
- Handlebar: Alloy flat bar / 460mm wide
- Grips: Frog Bikes specific / Lock-on slim grips
- Stem: Alloy A-head / 38mm extension / 4 bolt clamp
- Saddle: Frog Bikes child-specific / steel rails
- Seatpost: Alloy micro-adjust / Quick-release
- Included Extras: Full-length mudguards, bell, paint plasters, frame protector patches