Frog 47 green
The First Pedal Frog 47 is the third in Frog's new and improved frame range. It is the perfect, great value bike for 4 to 6-year-olds with an average inside leg of 47cm.
Frog has reduced the weight of this model by using smaller tube diameters and thinner tube walls. The Frog 47 weighs only 6.75kg. Along with this weight saving, Frog has lowered the bottom bracket to achieve a more ergonomic position on the bike.
One of the biggest temptations is to buy a bike your child will 'grow into'. However, this is likely to have the opposite effect and put your child off bikes and cycling altogether! This new frame has a longer steerer tube which includes a 10mm spacer on top of the stem. This allows room to move the handlebars into a higher position as they grow.
Another common mistake is to purchase a budget bike. The problem with budget models is they are often as heavy as the child and this leads to tears and frustration at not being able to cycle properly. Frog lightweight bikes are a great confidence-booster and can also be used as a balance bike for a taller child by removing the pedals.
The Frog 47 features a lightweight, yet sturdy aluminium frame for easy manoeuvrability, Tektro brakes with small, easy to reach brake levers for better control and confidence, and patented Frog cranks for easier and more efficient pedalling with added comfort.
Frog is so proud and confident of the quality of their bikes that they offer a free 5-year warranty on the frame and forks.
- Frame: Aluminium alloy / T6 6061 series heat-treated
- Fork: Aluminium alloy / T6 6061 series heat-treated / Straight leg
- Headset: Neco 1 ⅛" threadless alloy A-head / Safety steering stop / Frog Bikes top cap
- Freewheel: Single speed / 18T / ATA standard ISO thread / 4 prong removal
- Chain: KMC HV-410
Chainset: Frog Bikes patented / 32T chainring / 89mm alloy crank arms
- Chainguard: Double-sided + fully enclosed
- Pedals: Resin junior platform with reflectors / 9/16" thread
- Bottom Bracket: 3 piece crank system / Thun square taper / Sealed cartridge
- Rims: Double-wall alloy / CNC braking surfaces / 16H
- Front Hub: Quando hollow alloy / Sealed bearing / 5mm allen bolt internal fixing / 16H
- Rear Hub: Quando hollow alloy / Sealed bearing / 5mm allen bolt internal fixing / 16H / Drive side chain tensioner
- Spokes: Steel 14G
- Tyres: Kenda K1047 hybrid / 16" x 1.50" / black
- Front Brake: Tektro 836AL / Alloy linear pull V-type
- Rear Brake: Tektro 836AL / Alloy linear pull V-type
- Brake Levers: Tektro JL510 / Alloy junior specific with reach adjust
- Handlebar: Alloy 440mm wide / 30mm rise
- Grips: Frog Bikes specific / Lock-on slim grips
- Stem: Alloy A-head / 38mm extension / 4 bolt clamp
- Saddle: Frog Bikes child-specific / steel rails
- Seatpost: Alloy micro-adjust
- Included Extras: Front & rear mudguards, fully enclosed chainguard option, bell, paint plasters, frame protector patches